There is a demand for people who have passion for diving and who want to share that passion with others.
The rewarding experience of teaching others to dive begins with leading certified divers as an SSI DIVE GUIDE. The SSI DIVE GUIDE’s mission is to inspire and influence others to grow in their diving experiences as well as increase his or her own knowledge, skills and experience by planning and leading dives.
The dive guide program approaches training using practical application, background information and flexibility. The goal is to create well – prepared, versatile, marketable Dive Professionals.
SSI DIVE GUIDES can lead and guide certified divers. Additionally, after passing the Snorkelling instructor program, dive guides can teach and issue certifications.
Pre-requisites to enter the course:
- 18 years of age
- Own a total diving system of professional type and quality
- Logged no less than 40 open water dives totalling 25 hours or more
- Must be Master Diver Certified
- Have a current dive medical less than 12 months old
- Logged no less than 50 open water dives totalling 32 hours or more
- Maintain proof of current First Aid & CPR certifications (less than 2 years old)
- Maintain proof of currency in the administration of Oxygen for injured divers
- Pass a watermanship evaluation
- Pass theory and practical exams
- 40 hours
- Please contact store for individual package prices.