Dive Control Specialist
As a DIVE CONTROL SPECIALIST you are now only one step away from becoming a fully fledged Open Water Instructor.
You are able to lead and guide certified divers, assist SSI instructors teaching the academics, pool and open water contents of an Open Water course (under direct supervision, excluding emergency skills, teach SCUBA SKILLS UPDATES, the SSI Snorkelling program, the SSI Try Scuba program (pool only) and are able to upgrade to the status of Training Specialist.
Essentially you are an Assistant Instructor being groomed and prepared to go to the next level.
During the course we will work on the building of your teaching and presentation skills in the classroom, pool and open water, and during the Open Water program and once the student has demonstrated competency in the required skills, you will be able to guide up to 2 of them at a time on underwater tours without the direct supervision of an instructor.
Pre-requisites to enter the course:
- 18 years of age
- Own a total diving system of professional type and quality
- Logged no less than 60 open water dives totalling 40 hours or more
- Must be certified as an SSI DIVE MASTER
- Have a current dive medical less than 12 months old
- Logged no less than 75 open water dives totalling 50 hours or more
- Maintain proof of current First Aid & CPR certifications (less than 2 years old)
- Maintain proof of currency in the administration of Oxygen for injured divers
- Pass a watermanship evaluation
- Pass a skills evaluation
- Pass theory exam with a minimum score of 90%
- 50 hours
- For costing please contact the store so we can cater an individual package price.